Grand Lake Area Historical Society
The Grand Lake Area Historical Society was formed in 1973 to preserve and protect the only remaining log hotel built in Grand Lake prior to 1900, known today as the Kauffman House Museum. In 2009, the Historical Society purchased land and moved the Smith-Eslick Motor Court, which is the focus of the current project called Cottage Camp.
407 Pitkin St. (Kauffman House), Grand Lake, 80447, CO
The Kauffman House Museum is open daily from Memorial Day through August 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, Weekends in September and on special occasions throughout the year. Volunteers are docents and tour guides at the museum and will share the area history and information about our collections.